By Francis D. Cogliano
- Features essays by means of the prime students within the box, together with Pulitzer Prize winners Annette Gordon-Reed and Jack Rakove
- Includes a bit that considers Jefferson’s legacy
- Explores Jefferson’s wide variety of pursuits and services, and covers his public occupation, deepest existence, his perspectives on democracy, and his writings
- Written to be obtainable for the non-specialist in addition to Jefferson scholars
Read Online or Download A Companion to Thomas Jefferson (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Best biographies of presidents & heads of state books
A Pulitzer Prize-winning historian recounts the story of the undesirable president who ran afoul of Congress over Reconstruction and used to be approximately faraway from place of work Andrew Johnson by no means anticipated to be president. yet simply six weeks after turning into Abraham Lincoln's vice chairman, the occasions at Ford's Theatre thrust him into the nation's maximum workplace.
Michael V. DiSalle was once elected to his first and in simple terms time period as governor in a single of Ohio's such a lot contentious elections, which featured a ferocious conflict over the so-called "Right-to-Work" factor, a union-busting constitutional modification put on the poll over the objections of Republican occasion pros by way of enthusiast conservative enterprise pursuits.
"Nous tenons pour évidentes pour elles-mêmes les vérités suivantes : tous les hommes sont créés égaux ; ils sont doués par le Créateur de certains droits inaliénables ; parmi ces droits se trouvent los angeles vie, l. a. liberté et l. a. recherche du bonheur. "Riche planteur, militaire brillant, administrateur habile, George Washington (1732-1799) ne cesse d’avancer, sa vie durant, avec l’œil du chasseur et los angeles prudence de l’arpenteur, ne rejetant jamais l. a. pompe du geste symbolique.
Theodore Roosevelt has a sophisticated legacy. to a few, he was once the indispensable American patriot and hero, a valiant soldier who gained the Congressional Medal of Honor. Others take into accout him as a cultural icon, the fellow who brandished a "big Stick," proclaimed the "Square Deal," led a "Strenuous Life," and encouraged the "Teddy endure.
- Through Some Miracle Not Yet Clear to Me
- Movie Nights with the Reagans: A Memoir
- L'Affaire Gerda Munsinger (French Edition)
- The Leaders of the Civil War: The Lives of Abraham Lincoln, Ulysses S. Grant, William Tecumseh Sherman, Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee, and Stonewall Jackson
Extra info for A Companion to Thomas Jefferson (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to Thomas Jefferson (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by Francis D. Cogliano